Monday, July 15, 2013

Infraction mini Teaser

Tagged by RE Hargrave on Facebook:

The rules... Go to Page 7, 70, or 170 of a current Work in Progress or recently published work and choose either the first complete paragraphs or 7 lines of dialogue to share. Paste to FB and tag 7 other authors to do the same.

First lines from Infraction, pg 7

“Caroline?”

Tears slid down her cheeks. “I thought you were dead. There was so much blood. Nathan saw you and lost it. He had a massive panic attack, which I wouldn’t have known the signs if it wasn’t for you. It was…terrible to watch, much worse than when I watched you. They had to sedate him before, I don’t know, he had a heart attack or something.”

“Why?” I questioned confused. Why did he care?

“Why what?”

“Why was he having a panic attack?”

She stared at me with her eyes wide before she leaned in. “Lila…because he thought he’d lost you, he thought you were dead.”

“He didn’t have me to lose.” My breathing picking up as the emotional pain tightened my chest. “He threw me away.”

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, this just rips my heart out!! *sobs* Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete